Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fwd: Issue: TSA full body scanners or pat downs



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kimberly Wilder <kimberlywilder06@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 10:56 PM
Subject: Issue: TSA full body scanners or pat downs
To: Kimberly Me <kimberlywilder06@yahoo.com>


Dear Civil Liberties colleagues:

Wow! I found a hot topic. I wrote this article on my blog at Wordpress. It has gotten over 700 views, with a stream of views and positive comments coming in.

People are mad about full body scanners WITH X-RAYS! at airports.

I was wondering if you know a petition I can direct people to to express their outrage. Or, maybe you have an action or address to lobby?

I would like support to funnel this wave of energy I tapped into with my article.

(I wouldn't expect you to endorse or republish the actual article. It is rather wild and unscholarly!!!)

Any help appreciated. The more timely, the better. Would be great to have a link to send people to while I am a hot topic, featured at my blog hosts site!

Thanks,
Kimberly Wilder

-


http://wilderside.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/we-need-a-passengertourist-revolt-against-full-body-scanners/

---

(short excerpt. full story above)

<<<<I am serious. I would never, ever expose myself to radiation in order to go on some vacation, or even a trip to see a relative. And, as a NY Times story (covered at Yahoo! News) reported, if you do not let airport security do the full body x-ray, they make you do a full body pat down. Some choice! Obama and Homeland Security can pat themselves down. Their TSA goons ain't touching my body every time I want to take a trip. I will stay home. Stay home and write nasty blogs and e-mails about them to spread around the world.

If you thought this was something different than x-rays, think again. Here is a story at the Seattle Times that states the case.

If you thought it was okay to just relax, and assume that this will pass, or won't be at an airport near you soon, you should think again. The NY Times story says of these scanners, "About 500 should be online by the end of the year, the agency said, and another 500 are expected to be installed next year. Ultimately, the agency plans to have the new machines replace metal detectors at all of the roughly 2,000 airport checkpoints."

Merry Christmas! Have some low-dose radiation, because making you walk in your stocking feet wasn't harmful and humiliating enough...>>>





--
Palash Biswas
Pl Read:
http://nandigramunited-banga.blogspot.com/

No comments: