I'm 'angry', 'humiliated': Shah Rukh Khan

Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan gestures during an interview with The Associated Press at his residence in Mumbai. Khan was detained for questioning at Newark international airport and grilled for two hours before being let off by US immigration authorities, a news agency report said Saturday.

Mumbai: Shah Rukh Khan Saturday termed the incident at Newark Airport in the US as "uncalled" for saying the experience made him feel "angry and humiliated".

"I was really hassled at the American Airport because of my name being Khan...The couple of hours of interrogation wanting to know if I know anyone in America while all around people were vouching for me from India and Pakistan (sic)," the Bollywood superstar said in a statement.

"Only these guys just would not let me through.

Finally they allowed me to make a call, which I did and the Indian Consulate helped me through.

Khan, who was on his way to Chicago to attend an Independence Day function was was detained at the Newark Airport and questioned for about two hours before the Indian mission intervened and secured his release.

"It was absolutely was uncalled for I think, me having just finished working there for more than a month...just a couple of weeks ago. They said I have a common name which is causing the delay...checked my bags...I felt angry and humiliated," Khan, who had just finished shooting of his latest movie "My Name is Khan", said.

Source: PTI