Saturday, May 17, 2008

Stream of Consciousness

Troubled Galaxy Destroyed dreams: Chapter Two

Palash Biswas

Everything depends on your stance and status. Where from you see things , it determines your stance. The situations around you makes a status for you. It may be genetic as well as hereditary.

For me, I can not distinguish my existence detached from my community.The Indigenous people, the black Untouchables Worldwide. It happened with me. I suffer from the Hamlet Dilemma, TO BE or Not to Be.But, after all life is not as the the Shakespearean Dramas depict. Laertes Consciousness is overwhelmed often by the soliloquies of hamlet or tragic death of an Ophelia.It is not Revenge Play. Nor the Vernom Forest walks in life to do with Injustice.

It happened with my father. Sometimes we felt that he was not an Individual Existence at all but he might be better understood as a Personification of worldwide Holocaust Victims, Wars and civil wars, Refugee Influx within and across the political borders of any geopolitics, Immigration and globalisation Hazards altogether!

The Refugee Identity of my parents helps me, rather obliges me to identify myself with refugees belonging to any Geopolitics. it may be Palestine. May be divided Yugoslavia or Vietnam. May be Tibet or Sri lanka.This is the Stream of consciousness injected into me since the first moment when I appeared in this Galaxy. The New order of Phoenix, the Zionist Brahaminical White Manusmriti Apartheid Corporate Imperialist Fascist Post modern Globalisation and Nuclear warfare escalated in the Space Infinite, sets my identity in the Periphery of the Galaxy.

I have quarrelled with my Father Pulin Babu so many times.

My wife Savita also joined me.

`Why are you so over engaged with your community?’

`Why are your activism is limited within the Untouchable Bengali Refugees ousted from East Bengal and scattered worldwide only?’

`Why do you not join the mainstream politics? As the vote bank politics uses your lot to gain the State Power mileage! You are dominated because you are over engaged with your community. You should formulate some ways to get personal mileage!’

We always insisted.

But the refugee leader, an ex Communist Rebel, who led Dhimri Block Peasants` Uprising in 1958 and suffered political persecution lifelong across the border, would reply with another question, ` I am born and brought up my community. How do I detach myself from their destiny?’

I would bounce back,` You might be a Refugee, but I am not. I am born and brought up in India and I am an Indian citizen. I nowhere belong to the Refugee Identity. I have to do nothing with your Bangla nationality or Community Identity.'

He used to smile.

He never sounded intolerant. He was democratic enough to hear the bitterest criticism. Thus, I was no way to refuse helping him in his documentation as I was reading in Hindi medium and his all correspondence was in Hindi.

But I never was associated with Refugee Movement, Underclasses or subaltern studies!

I never realised the PUNCH during his life time.

After his death, while people from every corner continued to call me for help as my Father used to stand with them every time, I felt the TRUTH.

Well, friends! I am predestined to fight with this inherent Enslavement, Inequality, Injustice. It is my legacy of struggle.My father never tried to make money. He had dealt with all the Prime Ministers since Pdt. Jawahar Lal nehru to Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Naryan Dutt Tiwari and KC Pant were his lifelong friends. But he never tried to get political mileage. His earning endevours were limited to our fields where he used to be engaged as a tiller or worker as other small peasants. He invested all his property and earnings to mobilise the underclasses and Refugees. At the same time, as the Nainital Terai happened to be a Prototype of Indian Geopolitics consisting of different nationalities, castes, communities, culture, languages and religion, he tried his best to maintain Communal harmony.

Thus, I may not escape my destiny as it is associated with my community.

Later, I realised my community is not limited in a simple definition of caste, creed, community or religion or color. We are simply black untouchable of this Galaxy, victimised by the Post Modern Hindu Zionist White Manusmriti Apartheid Galaxy Order run by US Imperialism. Latin America, South East Asia, Africa, Middle East, Tortured East Europe, everywhere happens to be my Homeland!

It is Somalia.

It is Dar fur.

It is Colombia, Mexico, Cuba, Brazil, West Indies, Os mania, Indian Ocean, Iraq, Afghanistan, Cosovo, Congo, Kenya, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Russia,Ireland, Male, Sri lanka, Myanmar, Pakistan, Bangladesh,Bhutan ,Nepal, Tibet, Spain or Italy- anywhere!

It is Palestine.

And even it is Israel. India is my motherland but my people are scattered all over the world.

All over the Galaxy.

The tortured Humanity happens to be my Identity!

Half of the world population is now refugee.

We indigenous people are closely related with Nature and environment. We own the Natural Resources. We consist of the labour classes, the enslaved classes, out castes.

Degenerated, displaced, uprooted, depressed, demoralised, deprived people we are.

No geopolitics happens to be our Heaven.

No system ensures our freedom.

No institution defends our human rights.

We are never considered as bonfied citizens of Nation states.

We face the heat of Industrialisation. We bear the burns of atomic war. Biological Chemical warfare.

We perish in War and Civil War.

We are the scapegoats for all scientific technological experiment.

We have to lose our land, livelihood and life for Neo Liberal Corporate Economy.

We are ousted from homeland and Production systems.

We are destroyed in SEZ.

We are killed in Kalingnagar.

In Nandigram.

In Singur!

All these developments are predestined.

It happens to be the Stream Of consciousness.

Which may not be that subjective who writes autobiographies of personal success and cleverly defends US interests Galaxy wide.

As I have earlier mentioned that my Birth date is not recorded.

We live like the times of natural calamities.

Heat wave may be it.

It may be Cold.

It may be an Earthquake.

Tsunami!

Epidemics!

It may be man made calamities as well as War and Civil War.

Atomic Attack as it happened in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

It may be Chernobyl!

It may be Bhopal Gas Tragedy.

Or simply any terrorist attack or State Repression.

We live like that.

We die like that.

It is nowhere recorded. Sometimes it turns to be body count for media advantage.

Our personal identities never matter! Never! Nowhere!

We never rule. We are ruled.

We are not the masters. We happen to be slaves.

We are not decision makers. Decisions are made for us and used against us always.

The chronologies of all Holocaust stories tell the same story.


We had to die!

Only our people died!

It happened during power transfer in India dividing the country. We were the people who were the victims of partition. Ethnic cleansing, Gang grapes, Burning alive, lynching, repression, encounters whatsoever the metaphor or adjective, spirit or ideology, everything targets ultimately our people.

Thus, my memories are intervened with infinite suffering of my family.

My consciousness was created with this suffering which overlapped all my images, imaginations, aspirations, expectations and ambitions.

I never could detach myself from the lot of Suffering Indigenous People. Neither my parents could.

No comments: